Sunday, April 5, 2009

Plot of Impedance vs Frequency


For a wider view of W4BXI's 160m antenna properties I used the 4nec2 program's feature that plots impedance vs frequency. The above plot (click to magnify) is from 1.0 to 29.7 MHz in steps of 0.2 MHz. (I started at 1 MHz to get whole numbers on the x-axis.)

The color-coded points and scales identify resistance, reactance, impedance, and phase. A nice program feature is the display of numeric values when you click on a specific point. In the above example I clicked on the 7.2 MHz point before I made the screen capture.

This plot shows the repeating peaks and nulls of impedance, etc. as the program sweeps through the chosen frequency range (with a maximum of 256 steps). The corresponding Smith chart (not included here) shows a series of 16 circles passing through the calculated impedance points plotted around the chart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of hombre who passions to taste different things. Currently I'm constructing my hold photovoltaic panels. I'm managing it all alone without the help of my staff. I am using the net as the only path to acheive this. I ran across a really brilliant website that explains how to build photovoltaic panels and so on. The web site explains all the steps involved in solar panel construction.

I am not sure bout how precise the information given there iz. If some experts over here who have xp with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the site it would be grand and I would extremely appreciate it, cause I really passion [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. U people are the best.