- The URL was changed to provide a certificate signed version of the chat
applet, which downloads to your computer each time you use chat. The new URL is:
The Bell Ringers home page and W4UOA's blog have this new URL. If you are using an old bookmark to it, please update.
- Some computers were not able to run the chat applet using Java 6 update 33. Updating to Java 7 update 5 solved this problem. Java 7 adds some (unnecessary) new presentation functionality, somewhat akin to Adobe Flash.
- Some of our group members, when attempting to start the chat applet, received the error message: Unsigned Access Violation Exception. If you are getting this, try the following steps recommended by our addonChat support contact:
Close all browsers and then try the following;
1. Open your computer's control panel.
2. Double click the java coffee cup.
3. Click the "Settings" button.
4. Click the "Delete Files" button.
5. Check ALL things to be deleted including "Installed Applications and Applets".
6. Click "OK"
Once you've done this open your browser and see if it works.